• If Laksaboy Forums apperar down for you, you can google for "Laksaboy" or bookmark https://cli.re/3oD7Jp as it will always be updated with the current URL.

    Due to MDA website filtering, please update your bookmark to https://laksaboy.store or https://cli.re/3oD7Jp

    1. For any advertising enqueries or technical difficulties (e.g. registration or account issues), please send us a Private Message or contact us via our Contact Form and we will reply to you promptly.
    2. Tip to verify fake photos: Use Whatsapp, Wechat or any other apps to request for live picture/video. If the other party is unable to provide verification, there is high chance that the photos are fake which are scrapped off the internet and be posted as the escort themself.

Singapore badminton player Yeo Jia Min withdraws from India Open after ‘high fever’

LaksaNews

Myth
Member
SINGAPORE: Singapore’s Yeo Jia Min has withdrawn from the India Open badminton tournament after she experienced “a high fever” with a temperature of up to 38.6 degrees Celsius, the player said on Friday (Jan 14).

Yeo’s withdrawal was confirmed by the BWF World Tour website, which showed that her quarter-final match had been won by her opponent, Thailand’s Supanida Katethong, in a walkover.

“It's really unfortunate that I have to withdraw from the India Open quarterfinals later this afternoon,” Yeo wrote in an Instagram story.

“I was not feeling well yesterday morning and it became worse after my match. My head and body started hurting a lot more and I was having a high fever up to 38.6deg throughout the night.

“I really wish to compete but it’s advised by my doctor that I shouldn’t. I’m so sorry to disappoint those who were looking forward to support me.”

Yeo did not say if she had taken a COVID-19 test.

yeojiamin2.jpg

A screenshot of Yeo Jia Min's Instagram story announcing her withdrawal from the India Open on Jan 14, 2022. (Image: Instagram/@yeo_jiaminn)

On Thursday, the Singapore Badminton Association (SBA) said that the country’s delegation at the India Open would place a greater emphasis on distancing and be “more vigilant”, after several players in the tournament tested positive for COVID-19.

Among those who tested positive for COVID-19 are India’s world number 18 Sai Praneeth and doubles player Simran Singhi.

As of Thursday, none of Singapore’s players had tested positive, and none of the players' close contacts had tested positive either.

CNA has contacted SBA for more information.

Related:​


Singapore’s players were scheduled to play quarter-final matches on Friday, with world champion Loh Kean Yew facing Russia’s Sergey Sirant in the men’s singles; Terry Hee and Loh’s brother Loh Kean Hean taking on India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty in the men’s doubles; and Hee and Tan Wei Han playing against India’s Nithin HV and Ashwini Bhat K in the mixed doubles.

Hee and Tan advanced to the quarter-finals in a walkover after one of their opponents tested positive for COVID-19 and the other was identified as a close contact, forcing them to withdraw from the tournament.

Already missing a number of star names, the India Open is being played in New Delhi behind closed doors because of the pandemic.

India is currently experiencing a sharp rise in COVID-19 infections driven by the Omicron coronavirus variant.

BOOKMARK THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic and its developments


Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://cna.asia/telegram

Continue reading...
 
Top