• If Laksaboy Forums apperar down for you, you can google for "Laksaboy" or bookmark https://cli.re/3oD7Jp as it will always be updated with the current URL.

Due to MDA website filtering, please update your bookmark to https://laksaboy.store or https://cli.re/3oD7Jp

1. For any advertising enqueries or technical difficulties (e.g. registration or account issues), please send us a Private Message or contact us via our Contact Form and we will reply to you promptly.

Food Recommdation

FoodMaster

Wing Seong Fatty’s (Albert) Restaurant

2vpqp.jpg
3c6f10_9deb23c9cf19490b9236b3e5f239009e~mv2.jpg

Upon some chatter on an old Fatty Weng 肥仔荣 name on the social media, I got to know that the original stall (which used to be at Albert Street) is now located at Burlington Square. (Not to be mixed up with the Fatty Weng Restaurant at Smith Street or the one at Singapore Badminton Hall)
Made my way down to savour a past favourite and pleasantly noticed some helpers were still around, albeit with grey hair now.
Personally I would not say they were as good as before but not a fail. However I must also confess that my tastebuds would have also changed with time and cannot expect the status quo.
This time, I went for their sang mee (crispy seafood noodles which is probably the best of the lot), claypot liver (missing the pork taste), roast chicken (not dry but shd hv been served w salt, pepper and prawn crackers), lohan vegetables (bit on the bland side).

Addreess
01-31 Burlington Square,
175 Bencoolen Street

OPENING HOURS
12pm–2.30pm
5.15pm-10.30pm
Near Rocher MRT Station

Telephone
+65 6338 1087

AVERAGE PRICE: $6 onwards

SUITABLE FOR: Lunch and Dinner

Signature: meat roll, Singapore prawn fried rice, chilli kangkong and house tofu.

FoodMaster

得记 Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle

deji_hk_soya_sauce_chicken2-440x275.jpg

得记 Hong Kong soya sauce chicken I think one of the better soya sauce chicken around.

The noodles texture is springy and the sauce complements well with the noodle.

I recommend to add on chilli sauce to make the mouthful better.

One of the better HK Soy Sauce Chicken I had, the thigh meat is succulent & flavourful.

You don't even need any sauce, just eat it as it is.

Tenderbest doesn't even come close to living it up to their name, it should be crowned to this place instead.

Simple and nice food the next moment your bowl will be empty.

Look, damn good, salivia also drooling, gonna try...Don't miss it.

Address
Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre
3 Yung Sheng Road
Singapore 610499

OPENING HOURS
Tuesday:
08:30am - 02:00pm
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
Monday:

Telephone
No land line

AVERAGE PRICE: $3 onwards

SUITABLE FOR: lunch mostly for those working near that area

Signature: salty chicken skin, sio bak

FoodMaster

188 Cafe​

Address: 331/333 Balestier Road, Singapore 329765

Telephone: 62569816

Opening Hours: Open 24 hours (zichar menu is only available until 11pm)

Herbal-Claypot-Bak-Kut-Teh-Stall-Front-1536x1152.jpg

This restaurant serves good decent food. Prawn noodle, zhi char and bak kut teh.

The bah kut teh commonly found in Singapore is the Teochew peppery type like the ones I had at Old Street Bak Kut Teh. I can’t take the peppery spiciness so I was delighted when my friend introduced me to Herbal Claypot Bak Kut Teh in 188 Cafe.

188 Cafe is an “atas” coffeeshop with air-conditioning on Balestier Road and Herbal Claypot Bak Kut Teh is one of the stalls.

This is the Herbal Claypot Bak Kut Teh. The broth is a dark-brown color with lots of whole garlic cloves. The broth is rich and fragrant with a lingering herbal taste that is not overwhelming. The pork ribs fall off the bone easily.

Besides bak kut teh, 188 Cafe also offers many other spicy Szechuan, seafood and zichar dishes. The Big Prawn Noodle looks mighty good, I will try it the next time I am there.

FoodMaster

Chai Chee Kway Chap

chai-chee-kway-chap.jpg

One thing that many of us Singaporeans love to indulge in is some good-old kway chap.

This sinful yet satisfying dish is a popular favourite that is sold at multiple hawker centres all over Singapore. Despite looking so simple, a dish like kway chap is not easy to prepare.

It requires a lot of tedious preparation such as proper cleaning of the innards as well as long hours of braising.

Tucked away at in Blk 216 Bedok Market and Food Centre is Chai Chee Kway Chap, a humble stall that serves up some pretty decent kway chap for when the cravings come at you hard and fast.

This is one of the few stalls at Blk 216 Bedok that has a long, snaking queue. As Singaporeans, we all know that if there is a queue, it means the food is probably good, so we had high expectations of this place.

There was also a decent amount of servings of juicy pork belly, tau pok as well as half a hard-boiled egg. The kway was also nice and smooth and we appreciate how the soup for the kway was not too salty and overwhelming.

All in all, it was a pretty filling meal that left us full and satisfied. We definitely won?t mind coming back here again when the kway chap cravings strike.

Very shiok!!!

Food is very nice and satisfying.

The food price is reasonable so order away!

Drop in today! Highly recommended!

Address
216 Bedok North Street 1, #01-67
Singapore 460216

Opening Hours:
6am ? 6pm

Tel: +65 6225 5632

SUITABLE FOR: Breakfast & Lunch & Dinner

Signature: Kway Chap

FoodMaster

Loyang Way Big Prawn Noodle

Big-Prawn-Noodles-Ambience.jpg

Loyang Way Big Prawn Noodle at Loyang industrial has been one of the prawn mee stalls I have wanted to visit for a long time. I have heard many raving reviews of their prawn mee. However, the place is not accessible by public transport. The nearest MRT station is at Pasir Ris, and there is only a bus to the industrial area, which takes about half an hour to reach.

Big Prawn Noodles is tucked at the far end of Loyang Way Food Village – a short distance from Changi Airport. Despite being inaccessible to most people, the food court is constantly packed with office workers.

Besides the location, another thing you should prep yourself for is the long waiting time. With a relentless queue spotted at the stall daily, getting your hands on their prawn noodles may take up to 30 minutes at times!

The food at Big Prawn Noodles is the few in Singapore I’d say is worth the travel and queue. While both the soup and dry versions of their prawn noodles were satisfying, the former takes the cake for me. The full-bodied broth was the highlight and having a huge bowl of it with noodles was the best way to enjoy it!

Address: 64 Loyang Way, Loyang Way Food Village, Singapore 508754
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 6:30am to 3pm, Sat 6:30am to 2pm

Direction:
1) Alight at Pasir Ris MRT station. Take Exit A or B. Walk to Pasir Ris Bus Interchange (Stop ID 77009). Take bus number 6. Alight 15 stops later. Walk to destination. Journey time about 30 minutes.

Signature: Pork Rib Prawn Noodle Soup, Signature Noodle

FoodMaster

Prawn Village

33161594902_83b6a58ffe_b.jpg

A Gratifying Prawn Mee by a Nurse turned Hawker.

Prawn Village opened 3 months ago at Golden Mile Food Centre, also known as Army Market, Prawn Village is a surprising find!

Owner Anson was a nurse for 16 years before embarking on his hawker journey.

“My grandparents used to be kway chap hawkers but they refused to pass their skills down to me as they always believed that degree holders shouldn’t pursue hawking as a career.”

7 years ago, Anson was holidaying in Penang, and came across a stall that served superb Penang prawn noodles.

He casually asked if the Penang hawker was willing to impart the techniques of preparing prawn noodles to him.

To his amazement, they agreed. He went back to Penang a couple of times to master the skills of cooking prawn noodles, before he finally set up Prawn Village.

Similar to other prawn noodles stalls, you get to choose between having the soup version or dry version.

You can also select your desired type of noodles from yellow noodles, hor fun, bee hoon, and thick bee hoon.

Go early to avoid disappointment.

Drop in today! Highly recommended!

Address
#01-62, 20 Ghim Moh Road, Singapore 270020

Operating Hours
9am to 5pm. Closed on Saturdays.

Telephone
Nil

SUITABLE FOR: suitable for family gatherings and large groups

Signature: Prawn Noodle